Valentine's Day is one of my favorite days. Not because of all the chocolate, flowers, and gifts, but because it's my love's birthday! Luke turned 26 this year. He's closer to 30 than he is to 20 now-- yikes! We went to Tierra del Mar (near Pacific City) for a 3-day weekend. The picture below is the gorgeous view from the house. (This picture was taken a couple of years ago when we were there. We forgot our camera last weekend and the weather wasn't clear anyway.) We went up Saturday morning and spent the day relaxing, reading, and playing Wii. We went to dinner at Hawk Creek Cafe in Neskowin. Great pizza, but a little spendy! Then we went back to the house and watched two chick flicks-- "The Proposal" and "Four Christmases". I'm not sure how I talked Luke into watching them but he did. What a great husband! Then we gave each other our Valentine's gifts. He bought me some beautiful earrings and I bought him tickets to a Blazers game.

Sunday, Luke made pancakes and then we went to Lincoln City for a few hours. We went to the outlet mall and took advantage of some great deals then met our friends, Stephen, Emily, and their son, Dakota, for lunch at Jasmine Thai. (If you ever go to Lincoln City and like Thai food, you should definitely go to Jasmine Thai! Great food!) Then Luke and I met my parents at the beach house and we spent the rest of the day/evening playing Wii and Hand & Foot. I gave Luke his present that night, which were tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters this coming weekend.
We didn't do much on Monday, except went for a short walk on the beach, cleaned up the house, and went to McMenamins for lunch. We had a great weekend, although it was too short!
No comments:
Post a Comment