Saturday, November 28, 2009

Off the Market

Our house is officially off the market. I just don't understand what buyers are looking for. We've been praying about this before we even put it on the market and we really felt like we were following what God wanted. Now, 11 1/2 months later, we are just confused. We never even got one offer. A couple people looked at it 2 or 3 times but in the end they chose the "other" house. We heard a lot of reasons for why people didn't want to buy our house but the goofiest one was that our driveway was "too short". Not too steep, but too short. Apparently they drive a limo or something!

I'm actually looking forward to a few months of not having to have our house immaculate 24/7. Last year we had it on the market during December and it was awful. We couldn't have presents under the tree, our stockings were hidden, and we didn't have much decor up. This year is going to be the complete opposite!

Even though we're bummed that our house hasn't sold yet, there is a blessing that has come out of all of this. Wells Fargo called Luke last week and offered to lower our interest rate by 1%. We figured it wouldn't be worth it because of closing costs but after talking to our realtor and doing some research, we found that they would be lowering our interest rate for FREE! Apparently mortgage companies are lowering interest rates for some of those that have good credit and pay their house payments on time. I don't know how they choose but PRAISE GOD we were one of them! I'm not sure when this will take effect but I am so grateful that God is rewarding us for having patience and trusting in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment